China has been the world’s most populous country since 1950, but last month according to UN demographers India has now surpassed China. India is now home to nearly a fifth of humanity and is continuing to grow. How did this happen and what does it mean for geopolitics? Emeritus Professor in Asian Studies at the University of Adelaide Purnendra Jain joins us to explain the significance.
- India’s PM touches down in Australia
- US signs security pact with Papua New Guinea
- Stan Grant has hosted final episode of Q&A
- Casual workers are worse off
- NZ loses to Australia over Manuka honey
Follow The Briefing:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.